Book now & deposit only 50% of the total amount
Nikwali is designed to provide an excellent mountain adventure in one day: enjoy a gentle trek, visiting the sacred lake and traditional indigenous architecture, walks on the beautiful white sand beaches at the Don Diego river, surrounded by jungle vegetation Wet with medicinal plants. It descends in float by the calm river Don Diego and descends in boat until the point where the River meets the Sea (if you are lucky and there is clear sky, it is possible to see the snowy peaks).
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Hotel or place of accommodation.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6:00 am|
|RETURN TIME||6:00 pm|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing and sunscreen.|
Departure at 6:00 am, from your hotel or lodging place to the Verico Perico Aguao ‘, where a typical breakfast of the area is taken.
Ecological hike for 30 minutes. Visit to “La posa sagrada” where you can enjoy a refreshing bath. Approximately two hours by ecological trail (varied road), accompanied by a local guide who will tell you about the flora and fauna of the place. During this tour you will be able to observe some houses Arhuacas, one of the four ethnicities that inhabit the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Arrival to the river Don Dieguito, descent bordering the river for approximately 20 minutes until the Don Diego River (In both rivers you can swim).
Descent in floats by the river Don Diego during approximately 1 hour until the district Don Diego.
Descendemos en flotador por 45 minutos hasta la desembocadura del río en el mar, observando diversas especies de fauna y flora que habitan en el lugar como: monos, tortugas, aves y vegetación de Sierra Nevada entre otras.
Regreso en bote al río hasta llegar a Don Diego donde estará el carro para regresar al hotel.
Recommendations for Tour Nikwali
We have some small recommendations that you should keep in mind before and during Tour Nikwali
- The use of masks or mouthpieces is required. Please check the biosafety protocols here.
- Signage and alcohol gel available for guests and staff.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- If you are a vegan or vegetarian, please be sure to notify us when you make your reservation.
- If you have any special medical conditions or allergies, please notify us when you make your reservation.
- Do not bring any valuables.
- During the trip, follow the guide’s instructions at all times.
- You are responsible for your personal belongings. Take care of them
- Prohibited: drugs, excessive alcohol, prostitution and misbehavior that threatens others.