Cacao Tour – Tayronaka
Book now & deposit only 50% of the total amount
Pay the remaining 50% before the start of the tour.
Cacao Tour – Tayronaka: Enjoy the process of one of the best coffees in the world. You will enjoy a beautiful place accompanied by a local guide who will show you the whole process from the plantation to the preparation of a self-made chocolate bar. Upon arrival in Buritaca, we will walk for 1 hour and 40 minutes through an ecological trail to a cocoa farm. On the way through a trail of a cocoa plantation, you will be able to see the process of growing fruits of cocoa, the harvesting, fermentation and drying of the cocoa beans. You will learn the process of roasting and grinding the cocoa to make a delicious chocolate bar. You will enjoy the landscapes of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
We will also visit Taironaka, known for its sacred and natural environment through trails, authentic terraces and places where the indigenous people of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta used to live. You will also be able to enter the museum that has more than 300 Tairona archaeological pieces and current pieces of the Kogui culture. This tour is an ideal plan for those who want to enjoy adventure, nature and culture in one day.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Magic Tour Colombia Office, Hotel or place of accommodation|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||5:00 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing and sunscreen.|
- Magic Tour Colombia works consciously to offer a quality service that guarantees within our destinations and tourist proposals sustainable development from the environmental and social-cultural point of view. Respecting the communities, their heritage, values and traditions. That is why we invite you to read a little more about our sustainability policy here. You will find tips to take care of the planet, to organize your trip, to be a good tourist among others.
- Your trip can contribute to economic and social development by buying local crafts and products to support the local economy. Support local communities and indigenous groups in the area.
- In the Company we do not support the illegal trade of flora and fauna species, environmental pollution and we do not support the illegal trade of cultural goods, and we also reject discrimination or acts of racism, we apply the rules to prevent and counteract the exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with minors.
- If for any reason you voluntarily decide to end the tour earlier than planned in the itinerary, you must ask the guide for an INFORMED CONSENT FORM TO END THE TOUR and sign it. If you do not sign it, the tour will not be terminated.
Important note: Service in English: $180,000 Additional
Santa Marta • Cacao Tour - Tayronaca • Santa Marta
- Departure at 6:00 am, from your hotel or place of accommodation.
- Transfer by car for 1 hour and 40 minutes to Buritaca, an ideal place to appreciate the wonders of nature, where freshwater and sea saltpetre merge,
- Walk for 2 hours through an ecological trail where we can appreciate the forest, cocoa and fruit trees
- Tour of the cocoa, explanation and tasting in its different processes
- then we descend for 1 hour to Buritaca
- Transfer by vehicle to Tayronka and entrance to the site, 20 minute ecological walk, lunch and guided tour of the facilities of the archaeological site free time to enjoy the place.
- 5:00 pm return to the hotel.
Recommendations for the Cacao Tour – Tayronaca.
- The use of masks or mouthpieces is required. Please check the biosafety protocols here.
- Signage and alcohol gel available for guests and staff.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- If you are a vegan or vegetarian, please be sure to notify us when you make your reservation.
- If you have any special medical conditions or allergies, please notify us when you make your reservation.
- Do not bring any valuables.
- During the trip, follow the guide’s instructions at all times.
- You are responsible for your personal belongings. Take care of them
- Prohibited: drugs, excessive alcohol, prostitution and misbehavior that threatens others.