Book now & deposit only 50% of the total amount
Pay the remaining 50% before the start of the tour.
Pueblos Palafitos: Dare to take a speedboat tour through the majestic Ciénaga Grande, to get to know and interact with the communities of the Palafitos people, with their colorful wooden houses built on the water and learn about the customs and traditions of this amphibious culture.
You can reserve the Pueblos Plafitos tour with a 50% deposit ($232.500 COP) and pay the balance ($232.500 COP) in our offices in cash or by credit card. Total price of the tour $465.000 COP.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Hotel or place of accommodation in Santa Marta|
|DEPARTURE TIME||5:30 am|
|RETURN TIME||3:00 pm|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing and sunscreen.|
- Magic Tour Colombia works consciously to offer a quality service that guarantees within our destinations and tourist proposals sustainable development from the environmental and social-cultural point of view. Respecting the communities, their heritage, values and traditions. That is why we invite you to read a little more about our sustainability policy here. You will find tips to take care of the planet, to organize your trip, to be a good tourist among others.
- Your trip can contribute to economic and social development by buying local crafts and products to support the local economy. Support local communities and indigenous groups in the area.
- In the Company we do not support the illegal trade of flora and fauna species, environmental pollution and we do not support the illegal trade of cultural goods, and we also reject discrimination or acts of racism, we apply the rules to prevent and counteract the exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with minors.
- If for any reason you voluntarily decide to end the tour earlier than planned in the itinerary, you must ask the guide for an INFORMED CONSENT FORM TO END THE TOUR and sign it. If you do not sign it, the tour will not be terminated.
Santa Marta - Pueblos Palafitos
- This guided tour starts leaving the hotel in the city of Santa Marta at 5: 30 am by land vehicle to reach the nautical dock on the banks of the Caribbean trunk, where we will take a speedboat with tent that will take us through the Ciénaga Grande, passing through Caño Grande to reach the first village palafito called Buena Vista of about 700 inhabitants, there we will tour the streets of the village in handmade canoe fishermen and we can interact with the community and learn about their amphibian culture, then continue the tour in our boat to reach the second and larger of the two villages; Nueva Venecia of about 2. We will visit the central church, the school, the synthetic soccer field and the handicrafts house. After this great experience with the amphibian culture, we will begin the return trip to the city of Ciénaga, where we will arrive in approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to have lunch.
Recommendations for Pueblos Palafitos
We have some small recommendations that you should keep in mind before and during Pueblos Palafitos Tour
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- If you are a vegan or vegetarian, please be sure to notify us when you make your reservation.
- If you have any special medical conditions or allergies, please notify us when you make your reservation.
- Do not bring any valuables.
- During the trip, follow the guide’s instructions at all times.
- You are responsible for your personal belongings. Take care of them
- Prohibited: drugs, excessive alcohol, prostitution and misbehavior that threatens others.