Palenque. ¡A Piece Of Africa!
Book now & deposit only 50% of the total amount
San Basilio de Palenque, THE FIRST FREE TOWN OF AMERICA. Founded by “cimarrones” (fugitive slaves) in 1603 and released in 1713. Declared Cultural and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2015 and awarded the best gastronomic book in the world in 2010.This experience includes the history for the struggle for the freedom of slaves who left their roots forever in this town about an hour from Cartagena.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Zones: Downtown, Bocagrande, Laguito Getsemaní Hotel Las Américas and nearby|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8:00 am|
|RETURN TIME||1:00 pm|
- Magic Tour Colombia works consciously to offer a quality service that guarantees within our destinations and tourist proposals sustainable development from the environmental and social-cultural point of view. Respecting the communities, their heritage, values and traditions. That is why we invite you to read a little more about our sustainability policy here. You will find tips to take care of the planet, to organize your trip, to be a good tourist among others.
- Your trip can contribute to economic and social development by buying local crafts and products to support the local economy. Support local communities and indigenous groups in the area.
- In the Company we do not support the illegal trade of flora and fauna species, environmental pollution and we do not support the illegal trade of cultural goods, and we also reject discrimination or acts of racism, we apply the rules to prevent and counteract the exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with minors.
- If for any reason you voluntarily decide to end the tour earlier than planned in the itinerary, you must ask the guide for an INFORMED CONSENT FORM TO END THE TOUR and sign it. If you do not sign it, the tour will not be terminated.
- Departure from cartagena. We will start by following the route that the cimarrones took to escape from the wild treatment of the Spanish.
- Arriving in San Basilio de Palenque
- We will enjoy a walk to explore and learn about the history of the first free town of America. We will get to know their customs, traditions, idiosyncrasies and also the African legacy that is still preserved within its streets.
- We will delight in a drum performance
- Tasting of local rum and traditional sweets.
Recommendations for Palenque. ¡A Piece Of Africa!
We have some small recommendations that you should keep in mind before and during Palenque. ¡A Piece Of Africa!:
- The use of masks or mouthpieces is required. Please check the biosafety protocols here.
- Signage and alcohol gel available for guests and staff.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- If you are a vegan or vegetarian, please be sure to notify us when you make your reservation.
- If you have any special medical conditions or allergies, please notify us when you make your reservation.
- Do not bring any valuables.
- During the trip, follow the guide’s instructions at all times.
- You are responsible for your personal belongings. Take care of them
- Prohibited: drugs, excessive alcohol, prostitution and misbehavior that threatens others
Note: Transportation from Santa Marta has an additional cost..